LAN eXtensions for Instrumentation.
VTI Instruments co-founded the LXI™ Consortium in 2004 in response to
customer requests for a standard, simplified instrumentation platform
ideally suited for small to medium channel density and distributed test
and data acquisition applications.
the convenience of LAN/Ethernet at its core and defines three layers of
class specifications that extend the capabilities into the realm of
VTI is committed to delivering products to the
highest specification class (Class A) to provide our customer base
with the benefits that come with the most comprehensive feature set
that LXI offers.
Key Attributes that Set LXI Apart are:
* Speed, simplicity, worldwide reach, low implementation cost, and
backward compatibility of LAN.
* Quick, easy configuration through the intuitive web interface built
into compliant instruments.
* Simplified programming and greater software reuse through IVI drivers.
* A distributed backplane architecture through the implementation of a
hardware trigger bus (highly deterministic performance without the
overhead of a chassis)
* The ability to create easily hybrid systems that include LXI, GPIB,
and VXI through the use of bridge devices such as VTI’s EX2500A LXI-VXI
slot 0 interface.
* Enhanced system performance and event handling via LAN-based
* Synchronization of local and remote instruments through the IEEE-1588
precision time protocol