New 22.5kVA AC/DC power source
ARCHIVE CONTENTThe content below is no longer current and may not be applicable or relevant.
California Instruments has added a 22.5 kVA unit to its popular MX Series II AC/DC Power SourcesThe MX22.5 delivers up to 22.5 kVA and can be configured to have single-phase or three-phase outputs in AC, DC or AC+DC mode. The MX22.5 is more economical than the California Instruments MX30, while at the same time offers more features and higher output power than the product family’s MX15 model.
The California Instruments MX Series II provides controlled AC and DC output for a wide variety of automated test equipment and product test applications at an affordable cost. Using state-of-the-art PWM switching techniques, the MX series combines robustness and functionality in a compact floor-standing chassis, no larger than a typical office copying machine. And, this higher power density does not need elaborate cooling schemes or additional installation wiring. Simply place the unit in its designated location (using included casters), plug it in, and the MX Series is ready to operate.
The MX22.5’s innovative features include:
- Simple operation. The MX Series can be operated completely from its menu-driven, front-panel controller. A backlit LCD display shows menus, setup data, and read-back measurements.
- Expandable power levels. Users can combine units to configure systems up to 135 kVA or more.
- Switching between single-phase and three-phase outputs. Phase mode programming on MX22.5-3Pi allows users to easily switch between single-phase and three-phase output modes.
- Arbitrary and harmonic waveform generation. Using the latest DSP technology, the MX Series programmable controller is capable of generating harmonic waveforms and arbitrary waveforms to test for susceptibility to harmonics and other power anomalies.
- Regenerative, bidirectional “green” power. Automatic crossover between source and sink power modes offers regenerative capabilities in AC or DC mode. The power sources can regenerate up to 85% of the rated output power back to the utility grid during sink mode operation when equipped with the -SNK or -SNK-DC option.
- Power measurements. The MX Series can make a wide variety of measurements in addition to supplying power, including frequency, Vrms, Irms, Ipk, crest factor, real power (watts), apparent power (VA), and power factor. These measurements are accessible from either the front panel or the remote control interface.
- Remote control: The MX Series can be equipped with RS-232C, USB, IEEE-488, and LAN Interfaces for remote operation and automated test applications.
Links and ResourcesCalifornia Instruments MX Series Datasheet
Posted Thursday 4th of May 2017